With the tremendous advances in knowledge and technology in cardiac care, the role of cardiac nurses has evolved markedly over the past few decades. The Hong Kong College of Cardiac Nursing (HKCCN) was established to promote the continuing development of cardiac nursing. In the last two years, 70 and 41 Fellows were conferred respectively by HKPAN in Cardiac Medicine, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Cardiac Paediatrics and Cardiac Perfusion.
The Hong Kong College of Cardiac Nursing was established in April 2012, with the following objectives:
- To set professional standards for advanced nursing practice in cardiac nursing and cardiac sub-specialty areas;
- To set criteria for the assessment and examination for the Fellow accreditation examination;
- To offer advanced cardiac education programmes to prepare members for the Fellow accreditation examination;
- To hold assessments and examinations for eligible members to be certified as Fellow or Member to practice cardiac nursing at an advanced level;
- To ensure the maintenance of integrity, ethical conduct and professional standards of Fellow and Member to practice cardiac nursing;
- To collaborate with national and international counterparts and organizations for promoting the professional status of Fellow members;
- To do all such other activities which would further the aims and objectives of the College.
|President||Prof. CHAIR Sek Ying|
|Vice President||Ms. Huie-Rose Cynthia, Prof. Sit Wing Hung Janet|
|Hon. Secretaries||Ms. TANG Siu Wai|
|Hon. Treasurer||Ms. SUN Man Ping|
|Council Members||Ms. CHAN Miu Ching Cecilia, Ms. CHIU Sin Hing,
Ms. HO Kam Tak Camille, Ms. KAN Shuk Ling,
Mr. LAI Kam Wai, Ms. LAU Ming Ming Christine,
Mr. Lee Yiu Fai Terrance, Mr. LI Man Pan,
Ms. LO Suk Yee Suky, Ms. TONG Fong Hing,
Ms Yeung Sim Heung, Mr. YEUNG Wai Kit Wilfred
Cardiac-Surgery, Cardiac-Medicine, Cardiac-Paediatrics, Cardiac-Rehabilitation, and Cardiac-Perfusion.